Glowpoint ScheduleSync ... Glowpoint released an integration between its telepresence equipment and Microsoft Exchange, for scheduling meetings. "ScheduleSync is a downloadable application that resides, and is configured, on an organization’s Microsoft Exchange server and is designed to automatically enable end-users to analyze free/busy status for prospective telepresence and video conference meetings and attendees, schedule such meetings, make changes to reservations, and have video sessions launch automatically and directly from their personal computers." Available immediately. More
Video on LotusLive Meetings ... Chris has a cool video about using LotusLive Meetings (it's funny too!). More
Swyx UC for Notes ... Swyx is about to release an integration between its UC system and Lotus Notes. "With the new SwyxWare 7 Option Pack for Lotus Notes, users will be able to dial directly from their contacts as well as recognising incoming calls. Voice messages can also be re-directed to their inbox as WAV/MP3 files, so they can retrieve messages wherever they have access to email. Intelligent call routing is also possible by accessing information within Lotus Notes Calendars and re-directing calls according to availability. This together with use of ‘presence’ information can significantly increase the availability of employees across a company." Available December. More
SharePoint 2010 Beta ... Martin talks through some of the new capabilities in the beta of SharePoint 2010. More
- Visual Upgrade feature for shifting sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010
- It's 64-bit only, and requires 64-bit Server 2008
- Pricing hasn't been announced yet
- SharePoint 2010 extends the group collaboration capabilities of earlier versions
- The online editor in SharePoint 2010 is excellent
- Much better multilingual support
- Metadata management is significantly improved
- ... and more (7 pages in total)
- for end users, see the SharePoint 2010 slide show
MindTouch Cloud ... More on the recent announcement of the MindTouch Cloud, a hosted collaboration service. "MindTouch Cloud is built on MindTouch 2009. It is a user-friendly business platform for business collaboration and automation. You can connect CRM, databases and services from Google, Yahoo! and others to automate reports, create content workflows to increase efficiency and effectiveness. MindTouch Cloud differs from MindTouch 2009 OnDemand because, unlike OnDemand, you do not have full access to the server for customization and you can not write custom PHP plugins or custom extensions. And of course, you can launch a MindTouch Cloud site in seconds for very little cost. Furthermore, MindTouch Cloud does deliver full access to DekiScript, control panel based skinning and includes full access to all enterprise extensions." More
- Aaron has a round-up of feedback.
Doodle and Lotus Notes ... Doodle released an integration with Lotus Notes, for linking the Doodle on-line scheduling tool with Lotus Notes 8. "The Doodle Widget for Lotus Notes brings the best of both worlds together to one powerful solution. New Doodle polls can directly be initiated from Lotus Notes without the need to open a web browser first. Doodle polls received by email will automatically be shown in a Notes sidebar while reading the email. Conveniently view and participate in the poll while checking your calendar availability side-by-side." More
- Some pointers for introverts about people, form Jeffrey Tang.
- Rob considers the Mac Pro vs iMac 27" trade-off.
- Johnnie talks about the tyranny of the explicit.
- Apptix announced Motorola Droid support in its hosted Exchange offerings.
- HP released the Glisten, a Windows Mobile 6.5 world phone.
- One of the Facebook co-founders is working on a new collaboration product for enterprise customers; the firm is called Asana, and there's few details yet. See www.asana.com/.